-Converting visitors to Leads or Customers
-Tracking all of the marketing activities
-Figuring out the least expensive channels and focusing on those
There are many aspects involved, and here is what you need to get your web marketing started:
- 1. Pick a great domain. It can be the name of your company, or a brandable domain. Keep it as short as possible. .COM still rules, though other TLDs, like .IO, are gaining traction in tech circles. Try to find a domain that has been registered for at least 2 years. Sedo is a good place to start.
- 2. Choose a CMS (content management system). There are four options: WordPress, Joomla, Magento, Drupal. WordPress is usually the best option – most widely adopted, large community, easy to use. Unigma uses WordPress.
- 3. Engage a designer. If you don’t know one, you can find a freelancer on places like Upwork or Codedable.io
- 4. Implement Google Analytics or Google Tag Manager and make sure it tracks all your pages. This can be accomplished with a WordPress plugin such as SEO Ultimate.
- 5. Choose a SEO tool: MOZ, Semrush (my favorite) or Ahrefs. They all work, so don’t spend too much time evaluating them yet.
- 6. Another very useful tool is LuckyOrange. This tool comes with a WordPress plugin, and allows you to record your visitors’ sessions, offer polls, and more, at a very reasonable cost.
These are some of the most important fundamentals you need to get started in digital marketing. Remember, ability to track results is of utmost importance – this will help you determine what steps to take next.
In the following article I will talk about the most efficient social media techniques, and how to guide your company/product to new heights. Stay tuned.